Assignment 2: Comprehensive Medication Review
Students will complete a review paper on a specific mental disorder and its medical treatment. The paper should be a minimum 7 pages and a maximum of 10 (not including the title and reference pages), in 12-point font, double spaced APA style. The sources should be cited and of professional quality. The paper should describe the different treatment options for and decision process in determining the specific class of drugs for disease treatment. You can narrow your research and describe, for example, the different treatment options for only one specific stage of the illness-initial or acute or maintained treatment options. Please, explain the rationale for using certain classes of the psychotropic medications, and discuss potential outcomes (both good and bad) for the person. A paper should demonstrate studentâ€™s knowledge of medications, understanding of the drugâ€™s side effects; discuss the related issues of treatment resistance and clientâ€™s compliance, a role of the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in dealing with 4 medical treatments, and possible ethical concerns related to use of the medications for a specific mental disorder.
1. Collecting the Demographic Data: Interview the patient and obtain a thorough medication history from a patient that provides adequate information to conduct a comprehensive medication review. This information will include patientâ€™s demographics, past and current medical history and social history.
2. Identifying the Drug Record: The drug record is a comprehensive record of the patientâ€™s medications (prescription and nonprescription medications, herbal products, illicit drugs and other dietary supplements). Care should be made to identify and list all the patientâ€™s medications.
3. Identifying and Analyzing Potential Drug-Related Problems: Use the tool to identify potential drug related problems. Responses should be detailed enough to demonstrate the studentâ€™s thorough and detailed analysis of the patientâ€™s problems. Use scholarly references to support your findings.
a. Adherence/Non-adherence issues
b. Indications/Therapeutic goals
c. Safety concerns
d. Effectiveness of the medication
4. Developing a Drug-Related Action Plan: The medication-related action plan (MAP) is a patient-centric document containing a list of actions for the patient to use in tracking progress for self-management and shared goals.
5. Formulating an Intervention and/or Referral: The PMHNP provides consultative services and intervenes to address drug-related problems. The PMHNP refers the patient to a physician or other healthcare professional, as needed. Referrals are expected when the patientâ€™s needs are outside of the PMHNPs scope of practice or the practitioner lacks adequate skills to address them.
6. Include a title page.
7. The paper does not need an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, or a conclusion. Students will follow the tool as a guide to structure the paper.
8. Include level 1 headings to organize the paper.
9. As this is a reflective paper, first person may be used.
10. Include a minimum of five (5) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
12. Submit by the posted due date.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT