Delegation and Succession Planning
The purpose of this discussion is to explore the role of the DNP-prepared nurse in delegating leadership duties to support succession planning.
Consider the following scenario: As a DNP-prepared nurse leader, you developed a succession plan for your current leadership position, but the identified successor has been struggling with delegated tasks. Reflect on your readings this week and respond to the following:
1. Identify the steps you would take to modify or continue with your current succession plan when the identified successor has been struggling with delegated tasks.
2. Examine the impact of your decision in the first question (to modify or continue) on the identified successor and the team.
Please click on the following link to review the DNP Discussion Guidelines on the Student Resource Center program page:
• Link (webpage): DNP Discussion GuidelinesLinks to an external site.
This discussion enables the student to meet the following program competencies:
2. Applies organizational and system leadership skills to affect systemic changes in corporate culture and to promote continuous improvement in clinical outcomes. (PO 6)
4. Appraises current information systems and technologies to improve health care. (POs 6, 7)
5. Analyzes health care policies to advocate for equitable health care and social justice to all populations and those at risk due to social determinants of health. (POs 2, 9)
6. Creates a supportive organizational culture for flourishing collaborative teams to facilitate clinical disease prevention and promote population health at all system levels. (PO 8)
8. Leads others in professional identity, advanced clinical judgment, systems thinking, resilience, and accountability in selecting, implementing, and evaluating clinical care. (POs 1, 4)
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Evaluate the attributes of effective communication practices that build collaborative relationships and balance the concerns of individuals with organizational goals. (PCs 5, 6; POs 2, 8)
2. Create collaborative relationships with interprofessional and interprofessional groups to champion organizational strategies and goals. (PCs 2, 4, 5, 6; POs 2, 6, 8)
3. Analyze the role of the nurse leader in financial management, human resource management, strategic management, and information management at the micro, meso, and macrosystem levels. (PCs 2, 4, 5, 6, 8; POs 2, 4, 6, 8, 9)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT