Are you having trouble completing your Shadow Health Assessment Exams? Worry no more, NursingTermPapers; we are here to help you solve these challenges. For students to complete a Shadow Health Assessment Case, they have to interact and evaluate the patient. To make it easy for scholars, we provide Advance Health Assessment samples on patient cases that help them complete a clinical evaluation. These samples also provide students with more information and discoveries, which will help them complete their assignments. At NursingTermPapers, we have provided questions and answers on what to expect from any Shadow Health Assessment assignments.
The first step to obtaining your patient’s health status is obtaining the patient’s actual medical history. As a scholar, you will have to practice and improve your interviewing skills to achieve relevant information about your patients’ history. Our writers will help you get relevant information on your patient’s medical history. When you place your order with us, we will provide you with questions and a sample that you will use for a case like Tina Shadow Health Assessment.
Tina complained to have experienced an asthma attack two days ago. She immediately used her inhaler, which reduced several asthma symptoms, although not all. From the time she had her first attack, she has been experiencing wheezing episodes and troubles in breathing every 4 hours. Moreover, you can pose questions concerning Tina’s body systems to help develop a precise analysis of the patient’s health. This comprehensive shadow health assessment will help you assess lung sounds after conducting the patient’s physical assessment. To complete this case study, you will have to use the appropriate medical terminologies.
Sample of Shadow Health Respiratory Assessment
Example 1: Danny Rivera Shadow Health Assessment
Danny Rivera is an 8-year-old boy admitted to the hospital by his family with a severe cough. First, you will evaluate whether Danny is in distress or not, diagnose the leading cause of his cough and other rising symptoms. Question the family on whether Danny has been exposed to negative psychosocial factors like smoke from a second party. Closely observe Danny’s body reaction and changes during his coughing scenes. Danny Rivera Shadow Health Assessment will help you have a clear health record of the present symptoms and carefully assess his lungs. By conducting these health assessments, you will have a clear shadow cardiovascular assessment of Danny and the most affected organs like the heart, skin, and chest. To complete this health assessment, you will have to apply the respiratory lab concepts learned.
Example 2: Tina Jones Comprehensive Shadow Health Assessment
Tina Jones is a 28-year-old African American lady who visited our health centre complaining of windedness and wheezing caused by asthma attacks. She reported that the asthma attacks began after leaving her cousin’s home, where she had contact with cats. She never experienced any chest pains or hypersensitive side effects. With the help of her albuterol inhaler, she reduced the wheezes and windedness. Tina’s case is an excellent example of a shadow health respiratory assessment that can help your shadow health exams.
Example 3: Esther Park Shadow Health Abdominal Assessment
Mrs Park is a 78-year-old woman who visits our clinic claiming to be having abdominal pain. She was brought in by her daughter, who claims that her mother has been complaining of having abdominal pains in the past two days. It is vital to assess whether the condition is an emergency and find out the leading cause of the pain. Furthermore, it would be best to ask about various psychosocial factors like diet, movements, and cleanliness that may cause body system dysfunction. Esther park shadow health assessment will help you make the appropriate medical steps to handle the pain.
Importance of Shadow Health Physical Assessment Assignments
- It helps scholars to have a clear and firm grip of the necessary advanced physical assessment skills and techniques.
- It helps health practitioners and medical students conduct focused and detailed medical history and physical assessments of many patients.
- Improve your health assessment skills and strategies on how to handle the needs of your patient.
- The application of physical assessment skills and techniques will help gather subjective and objective information.
- It helps in distinguishing between normal and abnormal physical assessment results.
- It will help you organize and summarize your results using medical terminologies.
- This health assessment helps students practice conducting primary and differential diagnoses.
- Implementing this assessment will help boost the scholars’ insight and knowledge.
Shadow Health Cardiovascular Assessment
- Asked about heart complications:
– Denies heart problems
- Asked about heartbeat:
– Reports typical heartbeat
– Reports typical pulse
– Denies palpitations
– Denies arrhythmia
- Asked about hypertension
– Denies hypertension
– Reports last circulatory strain looks at Finding:
– Reports the last pulse takes a look at 140 more than 80 or 90
– Reports conviction that current pulse is on the high side of typical reach
- Asked about heart mumble
– Denies heart mumble
- Asked about swelling
– Denies inflammation other than foot wound
- Asked about blue skin
– Denies blue skin
- Asked about heart diagnosis
– Denies having a stress assessment
– Denies having an echocardiogram
– Denies having a coronary artery CT X-ray
- Asked about heart medical procedures
– Denies having a heart catheterization
– Denies having angioplasty or stent
– Denies having a pacemaker
- Asked about chest challenges
– Denies chest challenges
– Denies angina
- Asked about chest tightness
– Reports chest tightness during asthma treatment
– Denies current chest tightness
Tina Jones Shadow Health Neurological Assessment
- Asked about numbness:
– Prevents history from getting numbness
– Denies current numbness
- Asked about shivering:
– Denies shivering
- Asked about vision:
– Reports vision issue
– Circled back to vision issues
– Reports vision issues for recent months
– Reports times of foggy vision
– Reports vision issues happen just when perusing
– Denies twofold vision
- Asked about migraines:
– Reports intermittent cerebral pains
– Reports last cerebral pain was a couple of days prior
– Denies current migraine
- Asked about cerebral pain designs
– Reports cerebral pains have been happening for quite some time
– Reports cerebral pains happen a couple of times each month
– Reports migraines last a couple of hours
- Asked about cerebral pain triggers
– Reports cerebral pains happen just when contemplating
- Asked about cerebral pain character
– Reports migraines are not serious
– Reports cerebral pains feel something very similar on the two sides of the head
– Reports migraines are tight
– Reports cerebral pains are pulsating
- Asked about migraine treatment
– Reports treating cerebral pains with acetaminophen (Tylenol)
– Reports taking ordinary-strength acetaminophen medicine
– Reports taking two pills all at once
– Got some information about sleepiness
– Denies sleepiness
Shadow Health Musculoskeletal Assessment
- Asked about joint issues
– Got some information about joint pains
– Got some information about join swelling
- Asked about versatility
-History of walking challenges
– Has wound enhanced the walking problems
- Asked about pain when moving
– Rates pain when walking
- Asked about the ability to stand
– Got some information about standing before the injury
- Asked about muscle pains
– Got some information about the history of muscle pains
– Got some information about current muscle soreness
- Asked about the work-related effect on injury
– Is work hazardous?
– Is there tedious movement?
– What hinders working?
- Asked about ADLs
– Would you say you are ready to move from sitting to standing?
– Do you experience challenges when taking a bath?
Tina Jones Shadow Health Abdominal Assessment
- Asked about typical bowel habits
-How often do you have a bowel movement?
-When was your last bowel movement?
- Asked about constipation
-Have you had hard stools?
-Do you have to strain during bowel movements?
- Followed up on stool characteristics
-Is the stool formed?
-What colour is it?
-Is there blood in the stool?
-Is there mucus in the stool?
- Asked about gassiness
Shadow Health Assessment Review Questions
- To assess Tina spinal levels l2, l3, and l4, which deep tendon reflexes would have to be tested?
The patellar profound ligament reflex includes the tangible and engine nerve strands related to
L2, L3, and L4 spinal sections. Area of unusual reflexes might help distinguish neurological
pathologies of the spine.
- List three methods used to assess cerebellar function during a physical assessment.
The cerebellar function can be tested through finger-to-finger, finger-to-nose, and heel-to-shin methods. The cerebellum is responsible for ensuring smooth and accurate coordination of voluntary movements.
- Discuss how you would diagnose Tina for dyspnea
Dyspnea symptom is considered a subjective complaint that can be evaluated by questioning the patient about her breathing problem. Pose the question, “Do you experience any challenges when breathing?” If the answer is yes, then go ahead and question about onset, environmental or physical factors that lead to dyspnea.