What are some of the common databases readily available to use for public health programs/initiatives, program planning, monitoring, and evaluation? What other databases have you used in the past? Are there other data elements you expected or wanted but failed to find a database?
Include at least the U.S. Census, National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), National Immunization Survey (NIS), National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG), Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) and Guttmacher Institute in your inventory. It is suggested the student complete a chart based on the following format:
Type of data
Level of data
Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)
Pregnancy and postpartum
Nationally, available for participating states
CDC website and/or state website
Not available for all states.
- Column 1: Give the complete name of the database.
- Column 2: Describe what type of data would be found in this database.
- Column 3: Give the lowest denominator level such as national, state, city or county, census tract, or neighborhood.
- Column 4: Describe when the data is available on time frames, such as annually or biannually, or every five years.
- Column 5: Describe where the data can be found and how it can be obtained.
- Column 6: Add any pertinent information; you may want to identify whether this database is private or government.
- What is the difference between incidence and prevalence? How would the public health nurse use these concepts in examining statistics regarding the health district she resides in. Give an example of when incidence would be used; give an example when using prevalence data may be more appropriate.
- What is the purpose of the development of Healthy People Objectives? Have you used these objectives in any of your work experience? If so, in what ways. If not, what factors have contributed to your lack of experience or exposure?
- Why is knowledge of epidemiology critical for population nursing practice?
Length: 1500 – 2000 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions clearly and concisely. Include the table with database data.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and
references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include
at least two (2) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc
Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHallAssignment1.docx”)
M2 Assignment UMBO –1, 2, 4, 5
M2 Assignment PLG –1, 6, 8
M2 Assignment CLO –1, 3, 6, 7
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT