The purpose of this discussion is to explore the impact of communication channel selection on the transfer of information.
As a DNP-prepared nurse leader, imagine you have an important message to deliver to your team. Examples of message topics you might use include the following:
• Poor teamwork
• Medical mistakes/errors
• Pattern of call-ins
• Patient complaints
• Leadership change
• Failure to prepare patients for discharge
• Organizational merger
• Potential layoffs
You know that some of the information may not be received well by all team members, and you are concerned about their potential reaction. Reflect on your readings this week and respond to the following:
1. Describe the critical message you need to convey based on your hypothetical topic.
2. Analyze strategies that you will use to prepare for the communication.
3. Determine which communication channel would be most effective and explain why.
Please click on the following link to review the DNP Discussion Guidelines on the Student Resource Center program page:
• Link (webpage): DNP Discussion GuidelinesLinks to an external site.
This discussion enables the student to meet the following program competencies:
5. Analyzes health care policies to advocate for equitable health care and social justice to all populations and those at risk due to social determinants of health. (POs 2, 9)
6. Creates a supportive organizational culture for flourishing collaborative teams to facilitate clinical disease prevention and promote population health at all system levels. (PO 8)
1. Evaluate the attributes of effective communication practices that build collaborative relationships and balance the concerns of individuals with organizational goals. (PCs 5, 6; POs 2, 8)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT