Developmental Assessment and the School-Aged Child
The needs of the pediatric patient differ depending on age, as do the stages of development and the expected assessment findings for each stage. In a 500-750-word paper, examine the needs of a school-aged child between the ages of 5 and 12 years old and discuss the following:
1. Describe the different physical characteristics/findings within the school-aged child. Explain how you would modify assessment techniques to match the age and developmental stage of this child.
2. Choose a child between the ages of 5 and 12 years old. Identify the age of the child and describe the typical developmental stages of children that age.
3. Applying developmental theory based on Erickson, Piaget, or Kohlberg, explain how you would developmentally assess the child. Include how you would offer explanations during the assessment, strategies you would use to gain cooperation, and potential findings from the assessment.
You are required to cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years, appropriate for the assignment criteria, and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance. Plagiarism free
Writing Papers – Odds and Ends
I wanted to give you some thoughts when writing your papers
• Cover page – No Running head on student papers in 7th ed APA Review your APA guide book for order of elements on cover page. Don’t forget date, instructor name. Title of paper should be bod – and then this exact title becomes the first heading of your paper – also in bold. Use only one heading for your opening paragraph (title on cover page). Do not use Introduction as a heading.
• Page numbers – upper right corner
• Thesis statement – thesis statement tells your audience exactly what the paper will discuss. Should appear very early in opening paragraph. Be concise. You can use the required elements of the assignment to create your thesis statement. Do a Google search if you need more assistance. A thesis statement will be critical in your Capstone so it is important to work on it now. Avoid using "I" – such as I will discuss, I will review etc. There is very limited use of first person allowed in APA. How else can you write your thesis statement without using "I". Think about this further – do some research.
• Use numerals for age in body of paper 5-year-old
• Use headings – your paper will flow better and as your papers get more complex headings will be a necessity. Most of the time you will be using 1st level headings , so center headings and bold them – capitalize all major words.
• Do not use block paragraphs. Indent the first sentence of every paragraph. See your APA guide.
• Double space throughout
• Use same size and type font throughout paper and cover page.
• References – alphabetical order is mandatory. Double space references. All references require a retrieval link – use doi for journals. Only capitalize first word of article title that comes after the date in parentheses. All references require a date in parentheses – see your APA guide for placement. Titles of journals – capitalize all major words of title. For journals include volume, issue and page number(s). Title the page References and center that word. No underline, no colon. Do not use credentials in references (MD, RN, etc)
• Write out acronyms in reference list – do not use CDC, write out Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Do not start references with an acronym
• Prior to using acronyms in body of paper, you must write out and then follow with acronym in parentheses. then you can use acronym. Example: The CDC states that all patients will succeed xxxxxxx – incorrect. Correct – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention )CDC) states that all patients wi
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT