Identify a problem or issue within an organization
Identify a problem or issue within an organization WRITING ASSIGNMENT FIVE: Formal Research Report: 30% of final
A substantial percentage of this course focuses on a persuasive researched proposal that solves a problem/issue within an organization. You will formulate the proposal beginning early in the course, and culminating in submission of the final paper. Assignment 3 asks you to submit a request to conduct research. Assignment 5 is the final draft.
Assignment Guidelines – Formal Research-Based Proposal
You will identify a problem or issue within an organization. This may be a current place of employment or a community group – church, school, homeowner’s association, daycare, recreation center and so on. The assignment objective is to propose a solution to the problem or issue in a formal report, and to present that solution to a decision-maker or group of decision-makers who can implement the recommendation.
Over the course of the term, you will develop a concrete, practical solution to the problem that can be implemented. Reference sources will be included that explain the problem, issue and/or support the solution. The formal report will include a discussion of resources necessary to implement the solution, the timeline, and the benefits of doing so. The report will include the following components:
• Cover page
• Table of contents
• An executive summary
• Body of the proposal
• Conclusions and recommendation for implementation of the solution
• End matter to include reference page and any other data suitable for this section of the report
The proposal report must be no fewer than 2000 words, no more than 3000. The word count includes all components. The purpose of establishing a word count is to ensure the topic chosen is neither too big nor too small. Also, writing within parameters is a common requirement in business communication.
As you consider topics, bear this in mind: the problem or issue need not be enormous. Within the scope of the assignment are issues such as these:
• The problem may be increasing crime in a local neighborhood, and the solution could be a neighborhood watch program; decision-makers would include homeowners
in the area.
• Crowding in your place of employment results in shared office space and limited resources. A proposed solution could be implementation of a telecommuting program to permit some
employees in suitable occupations to work from home on a full- or part-time basis.
• Concern about your company’s image and role in the community has prompted much dialog. A possible strategy for improving the company’s image and
perception could be implementation of a recycling program that supports “green thinking.”
• Parking at your child’s elementary school is at a premium during pick-up and drop-off times. You could develop a strategy to facilitate a more streamlined
process to increase safety and decrease wait times. Your proposal would be directed to the school’s principal.
• Rising health care costs are a concern nationwide. To address your company’s issues, you are proposing implementation of a wellness program. The benefits of
implementing a program like this are many, ranging from lowering our healthcare costs (as much as 15%) to boosting morale.
• Communication among members of a local church is difficult to facilitate and the congregation is seeking a solution to the communication issues. You could propose
establishing a website for congregation members to read updates, participate in discussion, contact other members, and so on.
The objective of the project is to participate in the development of a detailed proposal that emerges in several pieces over the course of the term, as do lengthy written projects completed in any organizational setting.
• Submitted on time
• No fewer than 2000 words; no more than 3000
• Correct report reformat
• Clearly presents the topic, focus, purpose of the project
• Clearly explains the results and the benefits to the organization
• Uses information from at least 5 research sources in the report content
• Properly documents the sources using APA documentation style
• Uses headings and subheadings to guide the reader through the document
• Shows a “you” attitude
• Maintains a positive, confident tone
• Uses emphatic, concise, fluent sentences
• Contains no proofreading errors
Course outcomes addressed by this assignment:
• analyze target audience and purpose
• select information appropriate to audience and purpose
• develop explanations and arguments appropriate to audience and document
• create documents tailored to a variety of workplace audiences and purposes
• conform to standards of business writing
THIS IS THE LETTER I WROTE TO REQUEST THE RESEARCH
1519 20th Street NW
Washington, DC 20003
Dear Ms. Fitz
My name is Elaine Williams, and I am a resident of The Grays Estates. Our community is faced with a serious problem of rampant property crime. I would like to conduct research on the possibility of using CCTV (Closed Circuit Televisions) as a means of preventing crime in the community. Today, the world is undergoing constant change. Therefore, there is need for persons concerned with ensuring the security of the public to quickly change and adapt to the changes. The use of CCTV to prevent crime is one way the Homeowners Association can respond to the change happening in the fight against crime.
I write this letter to seek for your permission to approach a number of households living in the community to provide respondents for this study. The approval of my proposal will contribute towards efforts to prevent and deter crime in the community. No one wants to stay in an unsecured environment. Therefore, the project will make the community safe; a fact that will attract more residents in the neighborhood. Similarly, the proposed project will contribute towards reassuring the public of their security while in the neighborhood. Apart from reassuring the public of their safety, the proposed project will also help in the detection and prevention of anti-social behavior. Drunkenness, obstruction, traffic violations, urinating in public, and littering are some of the anti-social behavior the proposal will help to reduce if approved by your organization.
Waples and Gill (2006) assert that CCTV’s are used to introduce the fear of crime among potential criminals and to solve public disorder. Criminal damage and burglary are some of the crimes that can be prevented if the proposed plan is implemented. Before an offender commits a crime such as burglary, he or she will be caught and prevented from doing so by the help of the CCTVS. Waples and Gill (2006) contend that the effectiveness of CCTV’s in towns and cities can be increased if they are concentrated in areas characterized by high crimes. Similarity, targeting property crimes may improve the effectiveness of CCTV’s. To identify areas that are characterized by high crimes, the help of the police is required (Waples & Gill, 2006). The implementation of the CCTV’s can then be quided by the statistics provided by police.
Once given the permission to undertake this study, I guarantee to uphold the privacy of the information received. To do this, I will endeavor to only report on the information found in the public sphere. I also guarantee that I will not reveal information that is of a compromising or personal nature. In case I have a pressing need to use information that is sensitive, I will always endeavor to ask for permission from the owners of the information. While conducting to research, I will also upload the confidentiality of my respondents. Consequently, before naming any organization, I will ask for permission from the relevant authorities.
After completing my project, I undertake to avail a bound copy of my research project to your organization. If you need any additional information, feel free to contact me at 2023968892.
TEACHER NOTES FOR MY LETTERS
Good letter format, except a title (Ms.) should go before the reader’s name in the inside address. Content is clear, well organized. You make a definite request for permission to conduct the research project, specifying the topic and the issues you want to address. You show the need for something to be done, specify the benefits to the community, and show what you know about the issues so far. Your plan of action is made clear, but you could say how long the project will take and when you will submit a final report. The ending is action oriented. Use more normal, conversational wordi
ng. Say you will submit a final report, not undertake to avail a bound copy.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT