CLASS NAME: PRIMARY CARE ACROSS THE LIFESPAN III
LESSON: Methods of Contraception and Family Planning and Preconception Care
ASSIGNMENT 1.1: Natural Family Planning (NFP)
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of various forms of contraception including barrier methods, spermicides, and condoms, as well as emergency contraception, hormonal contraception, and IUDs utilized in primary care. (CO2)
• Identify the etiology, background, physical exam, and lab testing involved with family planning in primary care. (CO3)
• Discuss the various methods, possible complications, and follow-up care involved with patients who have had sterilization performed. (CO3)
• Demonstrate an understanding of the etiology and definition of preconception care as well as the physical exam and labs involved. (CO7)
• Identify the critical role that a woman’s history plays in her preconception care. (CO1)
Read the following in your Women’s Health: A Primary Care Clinical Guide textbook:
Schadewald, D. M., Pritham, U. A., Youngkin, E. Q., Davis, M. S., & Juve, C. (2020). Women’s health: A primary care clinical guide (5th ed.). Pearson.
• Chapter 12, “Managing Contraception and Family Planning”
This reading will help you understand the nurse practitioner’s role in regard to different contraception methods and family planning in primary care.
A close female friend recently told you that she would like to try natural family planning.
Select one of the following five methods of natural family planning (NFP) that you feel is the best method for this friend. In layperson’s terms, describe how she can effectively use this technique.
1. The basal body temperature method
2. Cervical mucus method
3. Symptothermal method
4. Standard days method
5. Calendar method
Content Exceeds Expectations
Follows directions, answers all questions thoroughly and appropriately. Makes reference to course materials and additional resources to support all aspects of argument.
Length, Logic, and Mechanics Exceeds Expectations
Approaches or meets 200-word limit, with clearly and concisely stated, smoothly connected, and logically arranged ideas. Contains no spelling or grammatical errors. No APA errors.
Content Follows directions, answers all questions thoroughly and appropriately
Grasp of significance Projects thorough knowledge and critical understanding of the significance of the assignment to professional development as an FNP.
Clarity and logic All answers are correct with a clear and logical path to reach a solution to the problem presented.
Terminology Uses appropriate terminology correctly throughout.
References Contains no errors in grammar or spelling. Uses references and cites them properly using APA format.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT