CLASS NAME: PRIMARY CARE CHRONIC CONDITIONS ACROSS THE LIFESPAN
LESSON 1: Gastrointestinal Disorders
DISCUSSION: Pertinent Experience (GI Complaint of an Elderly Patient)
DISCUSSION POST INSTRUCTIONS:
At the end of this discussion, you will be able to demonstrate advanced skills in the physical assessment, pharmacology, and nursing interventions in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. (CO7)
Review the video included in this lesson, Abdominal Pain in the Elderly, before participating in this discussion.
Respond to each of the following prompts:
1. Identify a GI complaint or symptom of an elderly patient for whom you have provided care during practicum or other work experience. If you have never treated a GI disorder in an elderly patient, select a condition or symptom you would like to investigate. Make sure that the condition that you choose is a chronic condition and not acute.
2. Describe the treatment you provided (or would provide) for the selected GI complaint or symptom.
3. Identify other differential diagnoses that may be considered for the complaint or symptom.
Cite your references using APA style.
Before attempting to complete your learning activities for this week, review the following learning materials.
Read the following in your Advanced Health Assessment & Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care textbook:
Chapter 3, “Abdominal Pain”
Read the following in your Primary Care: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice textbook:
• Chapter 117, “Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease”
• Chapter 120, “Inflammatory Bowel Disease”
• Chapter 121, “Irritable Bowel Syndrome”
• Chapter 126, “Peptic Ulcer Disease”
The book used for this class and for this assignment is cited here:
Buttaro, T., Trybulski, J., Bailey, P., & Sandberg-Cook, J. (2021). Primary care: Interprofessional collaborative practice (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
Relevance of post Posts are consistently related to the discussion topic; posts bring readings into discussion, cite required texts appropriately, and demonstrate significant critical thinking related to the question or case.
Reference and support Uses at least two references to literature, readings, or personal experience to support comments.
Expression within the post Expresses opinions and ideas in a clear and concise manner with obvious connection to topic.
Mechanics Consistently uses grammatically correct posts with rare misspellings. Adheres to all APA guidelines, format, and requirements if needed.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT