Discuss the process and significance of a mental health assessment and possible findings from the case study for the purpose of treatment and recovery.
Case Study – Altered mood (depression)
Case details below:
– Mary, 41 year old female
– Lives with her husband and three children ( John 17, Philip 14 and Sarah 10)
– Mary works as an accounts manager in a large organisation and loves her work.
– Supportive husband and married for 18 years.
– Mary has moments of despair, she is tearful, has little or no energy to move from her bed.
– Mary believes she is a burden to her family.
– Lacks motivation to complete simple activities such as eating and getting dressed.
– In the past, she looked smart, showered on a daily basis, over the last month family have noticed her personal hygiene has deteriorated.
– Mary is currently on sick leave from work.
– Often talks of feeling worthless and hopeless.
– She is having difficulty sleeping.
– Mary belongs to the local church and attends every week.
– She is physically well with no known medical history.
– At 39 she was diagnosed with clinical depression. She was hospitalised for 5 weeks, however no further admissions.
– Mary has previously taken Citalopram antidepressant but not for over 12 months as she feels she does not need it.
– She has achieved appropriate developmental milestones.
– Mary has no drug, alcohol or smoking history.
– Care is self-managed in collaboration with her doctor.
– Her mother has lived with depression for 35 years.
– Family are concerned and reluctant for her to be re-admitted against her wishes as she feels there is nothing wrong with her and doesn’t want to cause anyone any trouble.
– Introduction: (5%) sound grasp of case, outline scope and purpose, description of steps that will be implemented to reach conclusion.
Clearly link, identify and address the following points (relate to specific case):
– A comprehensive understanding of mental health, mental illness and the principles of recovery. (20%)
– The connection between mental health and physical health. (20%)
– Recognises, identifies and responds to the mental health needs of the identified person, that are nursing and case study specific, strategies supported by references (20%) i.e. must include implications for practice as a future health professional. (10%)
Conculsion: (5%) logically drawn from discussion, related to case study’s aims, summary of main points.
References: extensive range of peer-reviewed (journal articles) sources appropriate to case study. Preferably Australian references were possible and no older than 5 years, 8 years at the very most. No less than 10 references.
Below is a list of 10 possible areas to help guide the essay.
You will need to identify, explore and critically analyse a maximum of THREE (I have picked 1, 2, & 3) of the following themes to add depth to the essay. Each theme must be linked to the above discussion points and the chosen case study:
1. Discuss the common presentations of the mental illness related to the case study and the stigma or attitudes that can impact on care. (write about this one please)
2 Discuss the process and significance of a mental health assessment and possible findings from the case study for the purpose of treatment and recovery.
3 Discuss the required interventions and management of the mental, physical social and cultural issues for the chosen case study.
4 Discuss the quality of life effects for the person in the case study and their carers within a recovery framework.
5 Discuss specific issues relating to the case study, e.g. safety issues, multidisciplinary involvement, consumer and carer education and community resources.
6 Discuss likely outcomes and best practice recommendations for managing the care of the person experiencing mental illness in the chosen case study.
7 Discuss contemporary issues in providing care such as access to services, consumer and carer perspectives, indigenous mental health.
8 Discuss the use of communication strategies and other therapeutic modalities in stabilising a therapeutic relationship with the person in the chosen case study.
9. Discuss the responsibilities of registered nurses to the person in the case study experiencing mental illness.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT