Explain the principles and practices of Primary Health Care (PHC).
Application of PHC concepts and health promotion practice with particular reference to the Indigenous Australians
Length: Maximum 750 words PLUS Poster
Aim of Assessment
The aim of this assignment is to provide you with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding if the application of PHC concepts and health promotion practice with particular reference to the Indigenous Australians.
The following Learning Outcomes 4,5,6 and 7 are addressed in this assessment:
Explain the principles and practices of Primary Health Care (PHC)
Explain health promotion as a strategy with a PHC framework
Explain how social determinants of health can inform primary health care
Using a PHC framework, identify strategies that can be used to overcome family violence
Details of the assessment
A video concerning an Australian Indigenous health issue will be used as a trigger for students to respond to 3 written questions PLUS a poster relating to the social determinants of health (SDH), primary health care (PHC) principles and health promotion elements identified in the video.
I order to complete the assessment you will:
• Access and view the video: “Violence is getting worse:” Indigenous women speak up about family violence” a few times so that you become familiar with the content.
• Reflect on the content
• review on-line learning materials. Reflect on what you have learnt about the health of Indigenous Australians and factors affecting their health.
• Read and watch the additional learning materials and do some searches yourself for background material about PHC, health promotion and Australian Indigenous health, as well as other programs aimed at improving the social determinants of health for Indigenous Australians
• Please submit your answers in question-answer format NOT essay format i.e. number your answer to each question.
• Answers to questions 1-3 will have a maximum word limit that will total 750 words (250 words each question).
• In-text references and reference list does NOT contribute to the word count.
• Additional to the written component, a health promotion poster specific to Indigenous Australians will also be submitted.
• The poster does not contribute to the assessment word limit.
• Following on from the reference list for the written assessment provide the heading ‘poster reference list’ and provide a reference for each image and text reference that you used for the poster.
Assessment 2: Assessment questions
Describes what is meant by ‘social determinants of health’.
Provide at least 3 examples of social determinants of health (SDH).Relate how each of these determinants can inform primary health care to help individuals maintain their health and wellbeing.The above questions are not specific to the video.Your answer should be underpinned by the nursing and health care literature.
Aboriginal women represent three per cent of all women in Australia, yet they make up six times that amount in family violence victims:
From the video:
a) Identify 3 social determinants of health (SDH) that impacted the Indigenous communities in relation to family violence.
b) Discuss how each of these social determinants of health impacted on the Indigenous communities in relation to family violence
Not specific from the video. Identify the ‘principles of primary health care’ (PHC).
From the video: Discuss how at least 3 principles of primary health care were used by the communities to develop strategies to overcome family violence, as identified in the video.Your discussion should be underpinned by the nursing and health care literature.
Some resources to help you with Assessment 2:
Australian Indigenous Health promotion resources-family violence (lots of resources)
Submission to the Royal Commission into Family Violence_2015
Family violence (general) what is it, why does it happen, how does it start? Effects on family life etc.
Domestic violence in Australia: a quick guide to the issues
Communities working to reduce Indigenous family violence
Scoping study of health promotion tools for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People e.g. what are health promotion tools/who is the intended audience?
Social determinants and the health of Indigenous peoples in Australia – a human rights based approach
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT