Briefly describe the characteristics of a fungus and a fungal infection.2. Develop medication cards for systemic and topical antifungal medications. For each type of antifungal, include common medications in the classification, therapeutic actions, indications, pharmacokinetics, contraindications, common adverse reactions, and important drug-drug interactions.
3. There are a variety of prescription and OTC topical medications used for antifungal infections. Discuss five topical antifungal medications; indicate what they are used for and if available per prescription or OTC. Develop nursing considerations applicable to the topical antifungal medications and include rationales for each nursing consideration.
Group Assignments –
1. As a group, compare and contrast the prototype systemic and topical antifungal medication to other medications within the group. Summarize similarities and differences.
2. Assign each group an age group. Each group is to discuss implications and risks for using antifungal medication in the assigned age group. Share age-specific discussions with the entire group.
Clinical Assignment –
1. Select a patient in your clinical setting who is receiving a topical or systemic antifungal medication. List the nursing considerations related to giving this medication to the patient. Include a clear rationale for why each nursing consideration is important.
Web Assignment –
1. Go to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Web site: http://www.cdc.gov/. Search for information on fungal infections. Discuss the characteristics of fungal infections and changes occurring in incidents of fungal infections.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT