What privacy and security violations have occurred?
What privacy and security violations have occurred? (Identify at least two or more privacy or security violation) Custom Essay
admin | March 22, 2014
A laptop was stolen from the car of an employee. The laptop contained PHI on 4,300 patients and included Social
Security numbers. The employee who left the laptop in the car notified you immediately when the breach occured.
The data were not encrypted but the laptop is password protected.
1) What privacy and security violations have occurred? (Identify at least two or more privacy or security
2) What should the facility do now? (Identify at least two or more steps the facility must do to mitigate the
3) Who should be notified of the breach? (Identifyat least two or more persons or agencies to notify)
4) What method(s) of notification should be used? (Identify three methods of notification)
Case Study 2
Lakeside Hospital takes patient privacy seriously. The hospital policy states that only healthcare professionals
directly involved in patient care should have access to patient data. The hospital has had several incideints in
which a patient had an adverse outcome because the nurse who had access was at lunch and the nurse covering did
not have all of the information that was required to provide care.
1) What options does the hospital have? (Describe three or more options the facility has)
2) What would you recommend? (Make one or more recommendations and fully justifies reasoning for the
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT