Review the “General Appraisal Overview for All Studies,” available in Appendix B in the textbook. You should save this tool and use it throughout the development of the PICOT question, problem description, and literature review.
start the development of your PICOT question, using the following resources:
1. “Appendix A: Template for Asking Clinical Questions,” available in the textbook appendix
2. Text readings
Formulate your PICOT question and post it to the main forum. Respond to at least four other statements, providing feedback. Review the statements to see if the clinical issue is clearly defined and that all aspects are identified. Also refer to the “PICOT: Components of an Answerable, Searchable Question” table, located in chapter 2 of the text. If one PICOT statement has at least three feedback posts, move to another statement.
You will be using the feedback to make revisions to your PICOT question before using it in your “Section B: Problem Description” assignment.
Here is something to think about.
· Population/ Patient Problem: Who is your patient? (Disease or Health status, age, race, sex)
· Intervention: What do you plan to do for the patient? (Specific tests, therapies, medications)
· Comparison: What is the alternative to your plan? (ie. No treatment, different type of treatment, etc.)
· Outcome: What outcome do you seek? (Less symptoms, no symptoms, full health, etc.)
· Time: What is the time frame? (This element is not always included.)
For________ (P) does the use of ______ (I) reduce the future risk of ________ (O) compared with _________ (C)?
In acute care cancer patients, does the use of scheduled pain medication regimes reduce the risk of uncontrolled pain compared with non-scheduled pain medication regimes.
What strategies will you use in your new practice as an advance practice nurse to review and critique literature pertinent to your practice?
As a Christian nurse will you focus on one particular genre of literature more than others. or will you be looking at specific topics related to your practice.
1. Evidence-Based Practice Resources on the World Wide Web
Read “Evidence-Based Practice Resources on the World Wide Web,” by Stevens, from the Academic Center for Evidence Based Practice, located on the Wayback Machine archive website.
1. Evidence-Based Nursing
Access “Evidence-Based Nursing.” Use all issues of the journal to further explore your individual PICOT topic.
2. Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database
Use the Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database to search for EBP resources related to your capstone project.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING TERM PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT